The caretaker was charged murder after an old resident died during parasite infestation.
This 96 years old lady died because of bed bugs from infestation of the parasites found at her caretaker’s house, which is charges for involuntary manslaughter and without proper care.
Mary Stoner was moved out of her caretaker Deborah Butler house in Hanover, Pennsylvania, February 2016, but after two days she was rushed to an emergency room.
A few days later, after she died, the autopsy report was from complications of sepsis and bed bug infestation. The doctors also found sores and infection from bed bites from Stoner.
The police from West Manheim Township searched the home of Butler, and found out a very serious infestation of the vermin, crawled on walls, bed sheets, pillows, which led to a felony charged against Butler.
She faces a first-degree felony charge of improper care and involuntary manslaughter, a misdemeanor, article by the Evening Sun.
Her family removed her from Butler’s care two weeks after the noticed that her condition worsened, she died at York Hospital on February 22.
Butler denied that she didn’t notice any change in Stoner’s health although it was clear and obvious and needed fast medical attention, according to the police. Moreover, another blind patient of Butler said that she could feel them crawling across her body and biting.
After her licensed home care facility was closed at Luckenbaugh Personal Care Home, she started caring for the women of her personal home.
The recent facility had no violations with the Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services, according to the Evening Sun.
These parasites are deadly that is why it is best to take care of our things properly including our own bed, as these parasites are no difference from a disease that needs of curing.
Source: Healthy Journal