Potassium is a type of mineral known as electrolyte; these electrolytes carry an electric charge, which manages the electrical activity of your body system that includes the heart. Electrolytes also affect your hydration and muscle function.
Potassium is critically needed for body’s regular functions, because potassium breaks down and uses carbohydrates and proteins and also being used to help build up muscle.
A person’s muscles works effectively because of potassium, also for heart and blood pressure regulation.
That is why consuming adequate amount of potassium rich foods daily will make sure the body’s regular function.
Low potassium intake may result in;
• Severe headaches
• Heart palpitations
• rapid heart rate
• dizziness or fainting
• Swelling of glands and tissues.
• constant fatigue
• high blood pressure
Helping our body consume enough needed potassium is essential for our health and avoids unwanted life threatening diseases.
Top natural foods rich I potassium;
1) Avocado is clearly one of the favorite potassium-rich foods. A study published in the Nutrition Journal data from 2001 to 2008 the effects of avocado intake on metabolic disease risk factors.
2) Acorn squash is a vegetable source of potassium that also contains high levels of antioxidants.
3) Spinach is a potassium-rich food, scientific research has seen that it has chloroplast glycoglycerolipids, which are believed as cancer fighting nutrient. One cup of spinach is equivalent of 540 mg (11% DV) of potassium!
4) Sweet potato has 542 mg (12% DV) of potassium. These are also rich in vitamin A and are also rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin B6.
5) Watermelon is also rich in potassium two watermelon wedges is equal to 641 mg (14% DV) of potassium. It’s also a great source of lycopene.
6) Beets give 518 mg (11% DV) of potassium equivalent of 1 cup of it cooked or sliced. Beets have anti-cancer fighting properties and efficient to help eliminate toxins from your body.
7) Pomegranate seeds and its juice are awesome fruit sources of potassium. They’re also packed with fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K amongst other nutrients.
8) Coconut Water is high in electrolytes and potassium, but not too much in sugar or calories. Coconut water has even been set in emergency situations as an IV hydration fluid.
9) White Beans is the best giver of potassium, a 1 cup has 1189 mg. That’s a full quarter of what you need every day. That same 1-cup serving also gives 20 g of protein and 13 g of fiber.
10) Banana is the most known source of potassium, but they also high in sugar and carbohydrates. Recommended as a good source of energy before a workout or a post-workout nutrient-rich food that helps in balancing water retention.
Potassium-Rich Foods also helps in;
• Heart Health
• Decreases Cramps
• Reduced Risk of Stroke
• Alleviation of High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
• Reduced Cellulite Appearance
• Osteoporosis Protection
Source: The Artikulo Uno News